Monday, August 1, 2011

Sum-Sum-Summer

Standing on the edge
Of a cliff, I am
Confident.

Inches
From death, with
Thoughts only of life:

I have no need for
Jealousy, towards the
Hawk and eagle.

I have mastered
Their art: flying
From the edge of a cliff.





They stain my skin,
With their blood
Leaving delicate, purple bruises
On my fingertips.

But, they do me no harm
Their weapon is a mere
Kick in the mouth:
A tart bite,
Before the burst of sweet liquid
Is worth the fight.






The trees, flowers and weeds were ripe, ready and overwhelming.
            They smelt of sex:
                        Sweet,
                        Lustful,
                        Willing,
                        Desirous
            Was the only way to describe their potency.

I took a breath,
Drank their essence,
And fell victim to their wicked potion.

No comments:

Post a Comment