Sunday, September 26, 2010

define: awe

To be in awe of the world is a state of mind. To find your environment, your neighbors, your community or your life as boring reflects on you, the individual's perception, not the status of the outside world. The lack of awe, is the  lack of an individuals imagination, humility and curiosity. To view the world in awe and wonder creates an environment where we can respect one another for our differences and where we can recognize each other's talents.
 When I am in awe of the world I become aware of all that I do not know, and I am grateful for it. I am curious as to the how and why of the natural and social worlds that surround me. I can speculate and imagine the answers; I can seek the answers.I can explore the world, myself and my relationships with it.  But there will always be more unknowns to keep me humble and in awe of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment